“If your actions require others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader.” This quote by John Quincy Adams captures the essence of leadership. School administrators are tasked with building the capacity of their staff and inspiring them to reach their full potential. Teachers who are inspired and empowered to do more represent the best models for students. Highly effective leadership is vital to sustaining positive outcomes for teachers, students, and parents. The +1 Administrator epitomizes this type of leadership.
In addition to leading by example, +1 Administrators listen attentively and aggressively, communicate a vision and collective purpose, create a climate of trust, take calculated risks, inspire staff and teachers, value research and inquiry, and go above and beyond the norm to improve the overall quality of life in an educational setting.
Schools benefit from +1 Administrators who apply 21st Century Skills to their professional practice and articulate a clear vision for college and career readiness. These administrators are admirable, innovative, and forward-thinking. Schools can achieve their maximum potential with +1 Pedagogy, +1 Teachers, and +1 Administrators.
· SMARTIE Goals, GAP Analysis, and SWOT Analysis
o Google Forms for Classroom Observations
o Google Forms for Teacher and Parent Surveys
o Google Presentations for Faculty Meetings
o Google Spreadsheets for Organizing Data
· Trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
· Equity Centered Leadership
· Building Teacher and Parent Capacity
· 7 Characteristics of Feedback
· Facilitating RJ Circles and Inclusion Activities for Adults
· Facilitating Instructional Rounds and Learning Walks
· Microaggressions and Unconscious Bias
· Facilitating the Plan, Deliver, Reflect, Revise (PDRR) Cycle
· Coaching Conversations
· Facilitating the Implementation of Schoolwide PBL
· Fostering Cultural Proficiency and Building Trust
· Establishing and Maintaining Rigor (DOK and Bloom’s)
Click here for more information on +1 Administrator workshops and trainings.